TNC Murphy Ranch
Murphy Ranch is located south of Gering, Nebraska. It consists of approximately 1680 acres in the Wildcat Hills. The land was previously owned by D. A. Murphy who had the desire to ensure the property would remain open space. This desire resulted in his donating the property to The Nature Conservancy via a life trust to Myron and Mage Taylor who managed the property for 50 plus years. The property is very diverse in topography ranging from steep canyons and bluffs to flat prairie that provide for a wide array of wildlife, and plants communities.
The property is managed to protect and enhance its biological values while providing for low impact recreation and livestock use.